From Hawaii Five-0 Wiki
- Spent three years on the pro surfing circuit until she blew out her knee
- Signed as a pro surfer to the Coral Prince team when she "about fifteen"
- Graduated from the Honolulu Police Academy as a rookie cop during the second episode (1.02 Ohana)
 Jobs and education
- Rookie officer with 5-0
- Drives a red Chevrolet Cruze.
 Episode appearances
Kono is in every episode of season one.
- ↑ Danny: "That's your cousin?"
Chin: "Choose your next words carefully. Both of you."
Danny: "She's very talented."
Chin: "Oh, she's off the charts. Spent three years on the pro circuit before she blew out her knee. Kid was devastated. Had to reinvent herself and decided to wear a badge. Graduates from the police academy in a week. Unfortunately, she's family, which means the HPD will never take her seriously." (1.01 Pilot)
- ↑ Chin: "This is going to be hard on Kono."
Danny: "Why's that? She know the vic?"
Chin: "Yeah. Ian signed Kono to a Coral Prince contract when she was about fifteen. He was really like a second father to her. She was actually riding for the team when she blew out her knee. But instead of dumping her after that, Ian covered everything: surgery, rehab, all of it, even though he knew she was never going to compete again." (1.06 Ko'olauloa)