From Hawaii Five-0 Wiki
- Was the quarterback in Kukui High School where he broke all records that had been previously held by Chin Ho Kelly.
- He was sent to the mainland after the death of his mother on a separate plane from his sister, Mary McGarrett. 
- He has not talked to his sister for almost 10 years before she came back to Hawaii after their father's funeral. 
- Description as it appeared on the warrant for his arrest in 1.24 Oia'i'o:
- Sex: Male
- Race: White
- Date of Birth: 3/10/1977
- Place of Birth: Honolulu, HI
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 190 Lbs
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Brown
- Skintone: Light
- Scars/Tattoos: Tattoos on both biceps.
- Steve is also shown to be close to Mamo, who taught him and his sister to surf, as well as his 'uncle' and SEAL Training Officer, former Lt. Commander Joe White.
 Jobs and education
- Graduated from Kukui High School
- Graduated from the Naval Academy in Annapolis
- Five years in Naval Intelligence
- Six years as a SEAL, graduated BUD/S class 203
- Takes over as head of Governor Jameson's task force at the start of the series
- Five-year-old Steve wanted to be a cop when he grew up.
- Has worked on "the other side" as a sniper. (1.09 Po'ipu)
- Learned to sew in the boy scouts. (1.12 Hana 'a'a Makehewa)
- Stays active by swimming and hiking.
- Steve has received the Special Warfare Insignia (SEAL Trident) and Naval Parachutist.
- Awards and decorations:
- In 1.02 Ohana, the awards/ribbons shown in order of precedence are: Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Joint Service Commendation, Navy/Marine Corps Commendation, Joint Service Achievement Medal, Navy/Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Presidential Unit Citation, Joint Meritorious Unit Award, Navy Unit Commendation, Fleet Marine Force Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary, Global War on Terrorism Service, Humanitarian Service, Navy Sea Service Deployment, Navy Expert Rifleman Medal, Navy Expert Pistol Medal.  
- In 2.04 Mea Makamae, the awards/ribbons shown in order of precedence are: Silver Star, Bronze Star Medal (with Valor device), Purple Heart, Navy Commendation Medal, Navy Achievement Medal (with silver star), Navy Combat Action Ribbon, Navy Unit Commendation, Navy Meritorious Unit Commendation, Navy E (Battle Efficiency) Ribbon, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal (with device), Afghanistan Campaign Medal (with three bronze stars), Iraq Campaign Medal (with two bronze stars), Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Navy Expert Rifleman Medal, Navy Expert Pistol Medal
- Third generation Navy (father and paternal grandfather both served).
 Episode appearances
Steve is in every episode of season one.
A teenaged Steve was portrayed by Will Carlson in Episode 2.14, Pu'olo.
- Implied to have been named for his grandfather (1.07).
- It was mentioned that Steve was sixteen when he received the news of his mother's death. In the same episode it was revealed that her death occurred on April 19, 1992. This would indicate that Steve was born in 1976. However, the warrant shown in 1.24 Oia'i'o states that he was born in 1977, making him only fifteen in 1992 at the time of her death.
- The badge Steve shows to Danny in 1.01 Pilot shows that his name is spelled "Stephen." However, the warrant for Steve in 1.24 Oia'i'o shows that his name is spelled "Steven."
- ↑ Steve on the phone with Governor Jameson: "I, Steven J. McGarrett, do solemnly declare upon my honor and conscience, that I will act all times to the best of my ability and knowledge in a manner befitting an officer of the law." (1.01 Pilot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Screencap of Steve's ID (1.01 Pilot)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chin: "So I heard back from my guy over at the HPD archives. He looked up that case number that your dad had written down."
Steve: "What'd he say?"
Chin: "File's missing. Which means it was either lost somehow..."
Steve: "Or somebody stole it."
Chin: "Yeah. I was able to get a little bit of information, just based on the file number itself. Here's the thing. The case was opened on April 19, 1992."
Steve: "That was, ah, that was the day my mother had her car accident, the day she died."
Steve: "Okay, ah, why, why would somebody steal my mother's accident report?"
Chin: "Because, according to this, it wasn't an accident report."
Steve: "What are you talking about, Chin?"
Chin: "It was a homicide."
Steve: "You're saying that my mother was murdered?"
Chin: "I think that's what your father was investigating." (1.11 Palekaiko)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Steve: "I was sixteen. My mom was late for dinner, mom was never late. And, uh, the doorbell rang and from the minute I saw that cop's face, I knew right away."
Danny: "How'd it happen?"
Steve: "It was a car accident. Drunk driver."(1.11 Palekaiko)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Mary McGarrett: "I'm having a déjà vu moment. It's just like before, and Dad brought both of us here but put us on different planes back to the mainland. I haven't talked to you in ten years, and I never saw Dad again." (1.13 Ke Kinohi)
- ↑ 1.03 Malama Ka Aina
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Governor Jameson to Steve: "I know your résumé. Annapolis, five years Naval Intelligence, six years with the SEALs." (1.01 Pilot)
- ↑ John McGarrett in a voice over toward the beginning of 1.02 Ohana: "When he was five years old, I asked my son Steve what he wanted to be when he grew up. 'I wanna be a cop, Dad, like you.'"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Screencap of Steve's badges and ribbons (1.02 Ohana)
- ↑ Military